“The best way to find yourself, is to lose yourself in the service of others”
Top Ten Reasons to Volunteer
- The joy of helping adults to learn and become full partners in our community.
- The reward of mentoring someone’s personal growth.
- The pleasure of sharing your own knowledge and experience.
- The involvement in someone’s achievement of goals.
- The opportunity to learn about tutoring techniques.
- The appreciation of diversity.
- The camaraderie with fellow tutors.
- The sense of contribution to the community.
- The opportunity for expanding horizons.
- The engagement in promoting literacy awareness.
Become a Volunteer
Volunteer tutors make an enormous difference in the lives of adult learners in our communities. To get started, fill out the form below. If you have any questions, or would like to talk to a Literacy Council staff member first, please call (805) 541-4219 local or (800) 549-4219 toll-free or email email@example.com.